How to make any Windows 7,8,10 bootable USB stick
During this procedure you'll lose all data on your USB stick. Please be extra careful during formatting, choosing the wrong drive will erase it completely.
You will need:
- PC running Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10
- Windows 7,8,10 32/64-bit (depending on the system) installation disk(ISO File)
- USB drive with at least 8GB of free storage
Preparing the USB drive:
- Open command prompt as administrator - Right click on Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt and select Run as administrator or type cmd in the Start search bar.
- Run diskpart utility by typing diskpart into command prompt window and pressing “Enter”.
- Locate your USB drive disk number by executing list disk. We'll assume the USB drive is 1.
- Run the following commands:
- select disk 1
- create partition primary
- select partition 1
- format fs=NTFS
Now we have prepared USB drive. Lets make it bootable:
- Insert Windows 7,8,10 32/64-bit installation disk into DVD drive. Let's assume it's E
- Go to E:\boot (cd e:\boot)
- If your USB drive letter is “f” please run bootsect /nt60 f:
- Copy DVD Windows 7 all media content to USB root folder don't put it into any folder
You are now ready to install Windows 7,8,10 from USB flash drive! ENJOY